Exceptional design, craftsmanship, materials, and certifications coupled with an established reputation for reliability.
There are many reasons to own a gun safe, safety and security being two of the most important. But how do you know what to look for when you want a specific kind of safe to match your needs?
To make a smart gun safe choice consider where your safe will live within your environment; what size is best; how much does it weigh; strength and durability of the design and materials; and especially important — fire and burglary certifications.
While the market for gun safes offers several choices, be aware that the actual product may not meet your expectations. For instance, the promise of a 6” thick gun safe door may not include construction of steel plate with ultra-tough concrete fill and a proprietary interlocking steel configuration, reinforced by a double steel liner. Only American Security’s deluxe BFX Series provides this unique strength and rigidity.
SAFE TIP: Remember, when shopping for a gun safe, compare specs and understand that steel gauge measures the thickness of the metal. As the number for thickness goes down, the gauge measuring the thickness goes up. So, 8-gauge steel is thicker than 12 gauge steel.
The deluxe BFX series provides industry-leading standards such as:
- Sledgehammer impact-resistant boltwork.
- Superior fire protection with 2-hour ET fire rating confirmed by independent lab, Intertek/ETL.
- Best in class safe body and door construction; best rated dual fire seals protect against fire and smoke.
- Active 4X Locking System with deadlocks on all 4 sides of the safe and the only corrosive-resistant boltwork in the industry for smooth lifetime operation.
- 3-stage lock protection.
- Gear-driven boltwork with 360 degree handle rotation is the industry’s longest solid steel locking bolts deep into the body of the safe protecting the safe against severe pry attacks.
- Impact resistant-locking bolts and double reinforced steel frame provides the industry’s best pry-resistant boltwork.
- Regulatory approvals and warranty support.
- Lifetime warranty against theft and fire.
SAFE TIP: Always ask about the level of certification that is performed on any gun safe you are looking to buy.
Fire ratings for gun safes can be widely varied among manufacturers. American Security was one of the first gun safe manufacturers to validate our fire ratings using standardized test procedures from an independent laboratory. All of our BFll, BFX, NF, SF and TF Series gun safes are fire tested to the highest industry standards. Having an outside agency verify fire resistance and flammability offers assurance of validity and trust.
SAFE TIP: Make it a priority to get details of how a gun safe manufacturer tests to confirm accurate fire ratings before you make a purchase.
Whether you’re a gun owner or a gun collector, the safety and security of your firearms is a high priority. You may also have other valuables you want to protect in a reliable safe which is why American Security safes are built with capacity and storage options to accommodate your needs.
While the color and shiny bolts and handles of a safe might capture your attention, remember that the most important part of any safe is the part you don’t see. Of course your safe can still be handsome and certainly customized, but more importantly you can feel confident that your investment with American Security will provide you with the highest level of quality to keep your valuables safe and secure.